Hello friends! I have been on a shopping adventure today! I have a Christmas party coming up and it includes a gift exchange with gifts worth no more than $20. Now this got my little head spinning. I knew I could do your usual mug and Starbucks gift card. Or do a pair of sparkly earrings or a bracelet. Or even get some cute home item for $20. But you all know I'm a thrifty shopper. I knew I could make that $20 go a long way, and make it look like a whole lot more for whatever girl would be the recipient. I know I love to get a pretty present I actually enjoy, so I wanted to do the same for someone else.
Where else to start but my bargain-hunting headquarters, TJ Maxx! I had a rough idea of what I'd do in my mind, so I went in to find just the thing. Target and the Dollar Tree also came in handy. Here's what I ended up with.
Some pretty good loot, huh? Here's the cost breakdown:
- apothecary jar: $10 at TJ Maxx
- distressed frame: $4 at TJ Maxx
- silver glass ornaments: $3 at Dollar Tree (3 boxes of 7 for $1/box)
- silver tray: $1 at Dollar Tree
- white pillar candle: $1 at Target (well, it rang up $2.99 but the shelf was marked as $1 and they gave it to me for that price)
- mercury glass votive holder: $1 at Target
Aaaand here's the finished product...
I didn't count the wrapping in the cost, but it was 50 cents for the celo bag and $1 for the sparkly silver ribbon, both from Dollar Tree.
So there you go! The $20 gift challenge conquered! Would you like to get this gift at a party? I sure hope so! : )
I'm linking up to the Tuesday's Treasures party at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.